You are here
Meis Student Development Center
The Meis Student Development Center assists in the coordination of Scott College of Business professional development initiatives. The Center both initiates activities and supports the activities proposed by faculty, by student organizations, classes, or other members of the ISU campus community. MSDC will serve all students in the Scott College of Business, coordinating with existing programs, including Networks programs and initiatives, to prepare ISU Scott College of Business students for careers in various business professions.
As a supplement to their academic preparation, the Meis Student Development Center provides Scott College of Business students with tools to achieve professional excellence.
This Center works with the University’s Career Center. The Student Development Center is located on the first floor of the Scott College of Business. The Student Development Center is open Monday through Thursday and is staffed by professional, graduate, and peer assistants.
Services provided by the Meis Student Development Center include:
- Identify professional opportunities within individual majors
- Professional Panel Discussions that feature business professionals sharing insights and information about their various professions and careers
- Various professional development workshops on topics such as career fair preparation and business communication skills
Additionally, the Student Development Center maintains a number of resource materials, including databases of Indiana and Illinois employers, for students’ use in searching for internships and career opportunities.
How has the Meis Student Development Center helped you?
- "The Student Development Center has allowed me to meet several marketing professionals and learn about their unique perspectives on marketing in the real-world."- Ashlee Hull Taylor, Marketing
- "The Student Development Center has provided me with skills to better myself personally and professionally through networking and professional opportunities. Currently, I am interning for InFraWare, a medical transcription software company, which was originally brought to me by Ms. Kim LaGrange, Director of the Student Development Center. Every professional I have met in the Student Development Center is friendly and courteous, as well as eager to help any student that needs it."- Bobby Tichy, Marketing
Why Should students use the Meis Student Development Center?
- "The Student Development Center is a great resource for Scott College of Business students. Many timely opportunities, such as Professional Panel Discussions, are provided that allow students to enhance their business communication skills so they may reach their professional goals." - Dr. Bruce McLaren, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs
- "We are fortunate to have the Student Development Center and Kim LaGrange in the Scott College of Business. Kim has significant experiences in HR and she is great to work with. I encourage all of our accounting students to take advantage of her expertise." - Dr. Joe Sanders, Accounting
Meis Student Development Center
Meis Student Development Center Director
Meis Student Development Center Assistant Director
Career Services Coordinator,